The origins of Mirvaine date back to 1954, when a Polish businessman, having emigrated to Brazil, registered the brand name in Switzerland. After the war he visited Switzerland, and more particularly the watchmaking capital of La Chaux-de-Fonds, where his old passion for horology began to blossom anew.
A year later, Mirvaine was already flourishing. It was the start of a true success story, attributable to the founder's passion for his brand and his extensive knowledge of the South American market.
In the early 1960s, Mirvaine was producing a million movements and more than 600,000 watches. The brand soon became a favourite in South America, more especially in Brazil. The founder himself managed the Sao Paulo office, supported by an excellent sales team. After Brazil, the countries of Uruguay, Paraguay, Argentina, Ecuador and Peru fell under the spell of Mirvaine.
With record sales of 200,000 watches annually, Mirvaine was positioned as one of the three most popular brands in South America between 1955 and 1985.
Several watch industry crises later, Mirvaine, now orphaned, found a new ambitious and passionate owner in 2012, Madam Maria Da Silva. Having lived since the age of 18 in Switzerland's watchmaking capital, this aesthete with impeccable taste took a gamble to relaunch the brand and pick up the thread of its historic success.